[mythtv-users] Resolution / Aspect Ratio Mismatch - Proper Setup?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 22 05:05:41 UTC 2006

On 09/21/06 18:31, David Rees wrote:

>Thanks for the explanations. Now I just have to wait for 0.21 to get a
>perfect display on my tv. :-)

In the meantime, I recommend setting up your system with 100DPI
horizontally and ensuring the proper aspect ratio.  Using the right
aspect ratio will give you the appropriate aspect ratio for any
software-decoded video (without using overrides) and using 100DPI
horizontal will get font size/placement close enough.  If you do, you'll
probably never notice any issues.  So, a DisplaySize of 260x146 should
work well for you (and should give you 100x133 DPI).

Mike