[mythtv-users] Again. Some remote problem.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 22 05:22:41 UTC 2006

On 09/21/06 22:32, Chris Anderson wrote:

>This is a question about my remote.
>It seems that if I start it up the box, and it goes into the front
>end, the remote won't work.
>
>If I quit that, and type, mythtv, the remote works.

I /really/ hope you mean type "mythfrontend" as mythtv is not meant for
general use (it's a test application)--unless it's a custom script you
wrote that starts mythfrontend, in which case you should really post in
non-customized terminology for the greatest likelihood of finding help.

>Am I possibly missing something in my lircd.conf file that would point
>to both programs ?
>
>Or is it that maybe I need to shift where to start the lircd ?

Sounds like the script that's starting mythfrontend on bootup doesn't
have the HOME environment variable set, so Myth starts up and tries to
use /.mythtv/lircrc (which doesn't exist--as a matter of fact, /.mythtv
shouldn't exist).

Mike