[mythtv-users] Internal player plays .avi locally and .vob on TV?!?

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 09:22:41 UTC 2006

> On 9/21/06, Bonkey Dcow <bonkeydcow at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a PVR350 and have it set as the player, so everything output to the
> > TV. Rips that were .vob work fine, but rips that are .avi extensions display
> > to my PC monitor. I had to change the player to internal from mplayer. Is
> > there another setting somewhere where I tell it to use /dev/video16 just for
> > DVD rips?
> >

> Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think you could
> play AVIs through the 350's output port.

You can run X on it, using ivtvxdriver, but you will find it is cpu
heavy and on my 2.8 ghz celeron video was a little jerky.

You then have the issue of sound coming out the sound card rather than
the pvr-350, u can solve that by routing the pvr-350 sound output into
your sound card line in, provided the line in can be output to your
amp/speakers etc, if not then you have to use aplay and arecord to
capture the line in and play it back at the same time, and that
introduces a delay causing the sound to go out of sync.

Andy