[mythtv-users] Remote backend server, best way to sync with local backend

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:12:47 UTC 2006

On 9/22/06, Steve Christall <mythtv at mctubster.com> wrote:

> 2 / I will then need a script that syncs the new recordings back to my
> mythbackend where I will watch them.  Has anyone done this?  Is there
> anyway to script the new mytharchive export / import (so I can get the
> metadata)

Try nuvexport, with the NUV+SQL option.
https://svn.forevermore.net/nuvexport/

> 3 / I thought I read about a way of sleeping the box and having it wake
> on an alarm to record.  Is anyone doing this with reliability and if so
> what hardware do I need?

You don't need any special hardware, just a BIOS that supports waking
up at a specific time.  As far as I know, there are two ways to set
the wakeup time, one is using ACPI, and the other is using a program
like nvram-wakeup.  I'm using nvram-wakeup myself.  The wiki has a
good writeup on what you need to do to setup scheduled wakeup and
shutdown.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mythwelcome