[mythtv-users] surround sound audio streams

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 20:05:20 UTC 2006

I've asked this question a few times and have gotten 0 responses...
I'm going to keep asking until I get an answer.;)

How can I switch between the different audio streams while wating a
mythtv hdtv mpg recording? I know that there is a 5.1 surround sound
stream because I can play the .mpg file through vlc ( Video Lan Client )
and on the HDTV recorded .mpg files, I have the option of changing
to the 5.1 stream. surround sound sounds great throught my card and
speakers. I'd really like toget mythtv / mythfrontend able to use 5.1
surround sound so I could use that part of the mythtv package.

My myth package has been compiled with alsa support. I can
hear 'something' when I play a mpg recorded show, but it's
not 5.1 surround sound. I assume that my alsa stuff is setup
correctly...it is for other programs that use alsa....

jack