[mythtv-users] global shutdown, wakeup and reboot problem (0.19 svn)

Claudio Brocco realtega at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 23:02:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

I think (as you told me) that mythwelcome should be what I need.

I'm trying to configure it. What should I do to use the wakeup function
after global shutdown?

Now I've set in mythwelcome:
- the nvram command - sudo acpi_wakeup.sh $time (I set /proc/acpi/alarm
because my motherboard doesn't support nvram)
-the reboot command (sudo /sbin/reboot)
- the shutdown command (sudo /sbin/poweroff)
- the frontend coommand (mythfrontend)

In the mythbackend setup I've set:
- wakeup time format yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm
- wakeuptime command (sudo acpi_wakeup.sh $time)
- server halt command (sudo mythshutdown --shutdown)
- pre shutdown command (sudo mythshutdown --check)

The user that run mythbackend, mythfrontend and mythwelcom has full
permission with sudo.
I can poweroff trought mythwelcome with success

The problem is that unfortunately the system doesn't wakeup.

Any ideas?
How can I debug mythwelcome to know what command are run?  Which command
set the wakeup time and when?

Thank you

Claudio