[mythtv-users] MythWeather - Don't trust the data

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Sat Sep 23 02:32:21 UTC 2006

At 08:51 PM 9/22/2006, Lucien D. wrote:
 >I can almost gurantee the current conditions bug is because your
 >missing XML::Simple.  I forgot to add a check for it in ./configure
 >and coincidentally ur the second person today I've seen with this
 >problem.

Absolutely correct!  That's fixed now.  It wasn't a huge deal really,
more of an annoyance.  I thought that I had installed all of the
modules mentioned in the installation directions, but XML::Simple
failed a couple of tests and so CPAN wouldn't install it and I
somehow missed that.  I downloaded it and did the install manually
and have things working now.

 >I'm pretty sure the other one is gonna be a messed up sql statement
 >somewhere, I'll start looking at it this weekend.

Not a problem.  Take your time.  Currently, I have it setup on my
bedroom frontend.  The other one is in the living room where it is
used by my kids (who don't really care) and guests (who spend more
time ooh-ing and ah-ing over everything else anyway).

Hopefully this will get merged into the trunk soon.  It really is
that good in my non-developer opinion.