[mythtv-users] Need MPEG recorder, but compiled without MPEG support! (gentoo 0.20_p11244)

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sat Sep 23 06:00:07 UTC 2006

Ok all of you having this problem (and using gentoo ;-)

I'm guessing this is an issue with the USE flags on gentoo.

We may need to enable ivtv manually -- even though we might not need the
ivtv package (such as me using pvrusb2)

I'm seeing, if the ivtv USE flag is not used, the mythtv-0.20 ebuild
will disable ivtv support.

Within the mythtv-0.20 source, the configure's option shows
"--disable-ivtv disable ivtv support (PVR-x50).  I'm guessing at this
point, if ivtv support is disabled at configure time for mythtv-0.20,
this also disables MPEG2 support?

So, solution is, hack the mythtv-0.20 ebuild and delete the line showing
"use ivtv || myconf="${myconf} --disable-ivtv"" and things should work!

Oh, and if this is the solution, can somebody please take the time and
file a bug for mythtv-0.20 on bugs.gentoo.org ??

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 22:42 -0700, roger wrote:

> I'm seeing similar here with gentoo as well.  (I just stumbled across
> this after an upgrade to mythtv-0.20 and using show "all" debug
> through the mythbackend.)
>
> Is this possible caused by use flags not being used?
>

> To determine, I need to know the configure switch used to enable this
> option.
>
> But after enabling everything except ivtv, ivtv might be the package
> required to enable this compile time option.
>
> I still have to look at the mythtv-0.20.ebuild to see what the ivtv
> enables.
>

> To be blunt, I haven't really seen any configure flag/switch
> specifically geared to enabling mpeg recording!  So this might be a
> bug w/ mythtv specifically.
>

> --
> Roger
> http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html
> Key fingerprint = 8977 A252 2623 F567 70CD 1261 640F C963 1005 1D61
>
> Fri Sep 22 22:42:25 PDT 2006

Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html
Key fingerprint = 8977 A252 2623 F567 70CD 1261 640F C963 1005 1D61

Fri Sep 22 23:00:06 PDT 2006