[mythtv-users] Play Myth ver 0.20 recordings on Windows

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 23 11:15:58 UTC 2006

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Steve Nuffer
Sent: 23 September 2006 04:05
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Play Myth ver 0.20 recordings on Windows

I used to be able to play recordings through a Samba Share on my Windows
system using either .18 or .19 of Myth.  All I had to do was install
PowerDVD on my Windows system.

With Version .2 of myth, this no longer works.  The video/audio doesn't show
up in Windows Media player.

I downloaded VLC which works, but the sound is very choppy.  It goes for 3-7
seconds cuts out and then continues.  I then moved the file locally and the
same thing happens.  I also tried another PC with the same affects.

Thoughts on what I should do?  Anyone else seen this?

Steve

Hi Steve,

You don't mention your recording source or whether these recordings have
been transcoded or not.

What's your processor usage like when playing with vlc?

Steve Daniels