[mythtv-users] status of Myth + KDE?

Matthias Thyroff lists at Thyroff.net
Sat Sep 23 16:08:18 UTC 2006

Am Sat, 23 Sep 2006 08:56:13 -0700
schrieb Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com>:

> OOPS!  You're absolutely right.  I'm using Knopp-myth for the front
> ends.  Sounds like I may want to change that to ubuntu....  Or is the
> more recent knopp-myth more KDE friendly?

Knoppmyth is based on Knoppix; as far as I know you can install knoppix
to the harddisk and use apt to install packages from debian
repositories. There should be a repository for kde packages for debian,
and also a repository with myth for debian. If they all work
together nicely with knoppmyth, I don't know - you'll have to try. How
have you been installing?

If you have problems with that combination - I can recommend kubuntu
with the packages from Mario Limonciello
(http://home.eng.iastate.edu/~superm1 dapper main).
But there are other distros which probably will work just as well. It's
your choice!

Good luck!

	Matthias