[mythtv-users] Adding a 3rd tuner card

Ian Macdonald ian at caliban.org
Sat Sep 23 17:07:52 UTC 2006

On Sat 23 Sep 2006 at 10:01:12 -0700, Tony Di Bona wrote:

> I have two tuner cards in my 0.19 MytvTV system (PVR-250 and PVR-150MCE)
> which are both working great. I would like to add one more without losing
> any of my recordings etc.
>
> As best as I can tell I simply add the card and run mythtv-setup so as to
> add the capture card.
>
> If you have tried this please confirm it is this simply, and please let me
> know if there are any problems I should anticipate.

Yes, it's that easy.

I started out with a PVR-350 and then added another. Later on, I added a
PVR-500. All of this was trivial and simply required telling MythTV
about the cards.

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | The race is not always to the swift, nor
ian at caliban.org             | the battle to the strong, but that's the