[mythtv-users] Dual tuner mini-itx system

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Sun Sep 24 04:14:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:48 am, Ben Dash wrote:
> Should be fine, the CPU will hardly be needed at all.
>
> --- Owen Berry <owen.berry at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm wanting to build a dual tuner mini-itx mythtv
> > system. It'll be
> > both backend and frontend. Below are the basics of
> > what I'm thinking -
> > this is my first myth system - anyone care to share
> > their wisdom.
> >
> > Via Epia M10000 C3 Nehemia
> > 512 MB DDR RAM
> > Hauppage PVR-500
> >
> > I don't need high def - standard will be just fine
> > for now. Does this
> > sound reasonable? I need to be able to record two
> > things at once, or
> > watch 1 "live" while recording another. Feasible
> > with this lower power
> > CPU? I'm hoping the onboard decoder on the
> > motherboard combined with
> > the encoders on the Hauppage would be able to carry
> > most of the load.
> >
> > Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. TIA!

It shouldn't be a problem.  I'm surprised that your going for such an old
model Via board.  They have new ones with dual cores and other good features.
It has been suggest on this list that more recent version can do high
definition.  That of course means using the vga port and not the
s-video/composite.

Paul