[mythtv-users] problem converting files

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 09:45:55 UTC 2006

Whenever I export a recording from my analogue (bt878) card, the converted
video is extremely blocky and pixilated, like a very low res video at a high
zoom. Doesn't matter if it's mpeg-4 or rtjpeg, or if I'm converting to
mpeg-2, or divx the result is the same. Nuvexport and mytharchive produce
the same output. I've tried various combinations of settings covering most
options with nuvexport.

I've tried playing the files in a variety of players on linux and windows,
and a dvd made using mytharchive, on a standalone dvd player.

I've never had a problem previously, I have several mpeg-2 files which have
been converted in the past. The problem is apparent on recordings  recorded
with either myth 0.20 or 0.19

I'm running the latest release of knoppmyth, along with myth 0.20, the
latest ffmpeg from svn (updated yesterday), and the the latest nuvexport.

Has anybody else had similar problems or any ideas?

thanks

gary