[mythtv-users] MythArchive: No sound on DVD - couple of bugs

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 15:10:36 UTC 2006

On 23/09/06, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> The silence in your recordings could also be due to the fact that some
> (nearly all BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 in my experience) UK DVB-T recordings have
> a second silent MP2 track (format 64kB mono or similar), which
> sometimes is the first audio track in the stream. I see this when I
> demux recordings and if I use Cuttermaran to remux things you have to
> remember to remove the silent track otherwise my DVD will appear to
> have no audio until you select the second audio track. I think MythTV
> itself has intelligent track selection so I don't normally have any
> problems watching recordings or LiveTV.

Actually, you have just described an issue I'm now having with 0.20
which I haven't seen before - older recordings (DVB-T in the UK) made
with <= 0.19-fixes sometimes play with the silent soundtrack - the
only fix I can find is to use the next/prev soundtrack options to
switch to the correct one.

Live TV always appears fine, so I presume there is some sort of
detection going on when playing recorded material which is now getting
it wrong sometimes.

Any ideas where this might be, or what appropriate logging level I can
switch to to see what's going on?

Cheers,
Neil