[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.1a for windows
mikkel at sudu.dk
Sun Sep 24 20:09:57 UTC 2006
Hi fellow MythTv users
For quite some time I have been working on a player for MythTv on
windows. The reason is that I want to be able to watch livetv on my
windows pc, and that i want proper network buffering. Due to my wireless
network other players sometime cause the video to stall or even deadlock.
The goals of the player are:
- Small and fast
- Both windowed and fullscreen mode
- Network buffering
- LiveTv and channel switching directly from player
- Independent.. So no need for external codecs
- Simple.. Simple, clean GUI
I have not reached this far yet as 95% of my time has been put into
building the actual video player. Briefly explained, it is built using
ffmpeg, SDL, tinyxml and fltk. All are OS independent so it should be
possible to compile for linux as well in the future if needed.
This first version only supports viewing of existing recordings and
network buffering. I have not been concentrating of the GUI, so it is
extremely basic.. But the point is to make it simple.
I would like some to give it a try and tell me what you think. My
backend has a pvr-150, and I have not done any testing on other systems.
It has only been tested with version 0.19, but an option in the config
file, allows it to use the 0.20.. Maybe it works,, but I do not know.
The readme file shows the hotkeys.
My plan is to make version 0.1 by fixing some bug. .. I have not done
any testing except on my own backend, so I bet there are some bugs.
There are of course some known problems.
- Image scaling is slow in the current implementation. It runs fine on
my stationary, but the image-scaling is to slow for my 1Ghz Pentium3M
- After pause some of the frames are dropped,
- Special characters are not showed correctly
- not tested on 0.20
- If it crashes or deadlocks you might have to restart your backend as
it is very easy to crash it.
- deinterlace filters,
- unicode handling
- Volume control
- better image-scaling in hardware,
- use of other image-program than SDL,
- On-Screen-Display information,
- Delete recordings from menu,
I would like to get some feedback
- First of all...Is it worth my time? Does anybody wants a mythtvplayer
for windows, or do you just want to play from a samba-share or dsmyth?
- Is it stable? bugs? .. please let me know if you find any bugs.
- Does it work on version 0.20?
- Are there any other features that would be nice?
- Which features are most important?
A temporary webpage, where you can download the 0.1 alpha version
More information about the mythtv-users