[mythtv-users] Mythweb not loading on Ubuntu

Austin Roberts mythtv at ausiv.com
Sun Sep 24 21:12:30 UTC 2006

Hi,
I've been running MythTV on Ubuntu since about June. A couple weeks ago, I
crashed my system, so I've been reinstalling everything from scratch, using
MythTV .20.

The Frontend is working reasonably well with a few bugs to get past, but
Mythweb has several problems. First, when I go to http://localhost/mythweb,
I get a listing of all the files in that directory, rather than seeing the
Mythweb page. I'm assuming this is because of a problem with mod_rewrite,
however I have copied rewrite.load from /etc/apache2/mods-available/ to
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ which is the way Ubuntu generally enables mods,
so I'm not sure why this is still happening.

When I click on mythweb.php, I get an error saying that the database
environment variables are not correctly set in the included .htaccess file.
I've checked .htaccess and the db_* environment variables are set correctly,
leaving me to assume that there is a problem with mod_env, however when I
run apache2 -l, mod_env.c appears on the list of compiled in modules. Can it
be compiled in and not enabled? If there's a chance it's compiled in but not
enabled, how would I enable it. If it's enabled simply by being compiled in,
is there any idea what my problem is?

Lastly, can anyone tell me how to get a listing of enabled (and running)
modules? apache2 -l tells me the compiled in modules, but what about a
listing?

Thanks

-Austin