[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.1a for windows

Mikkel Stensgaard mikkel at sudu.dk
Sun Sep 24 21:26:19 UTC 2006

Mike wrote:
> Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>> Mikkel Stensgaard wrote:
>>

>>> Hi fellow MythTv users
>>>

>>> I would like to get some feedback
>>> - First of all...Is it worth my time? Does anybody wants a mythtvplayer
>>> for windows, or do you just want to play from a samba-share or dsmyth?
>>> - Is it stable? bugs? .. please let me know if you find any bugs.
>>> - Does it work on version 0.20?
>>> - Are there any other features that would be nice?
>>> - Which features are most important?
>>>

>> I can't use it as it is looking for protocol 26, I have 30 (current SVN)
>> and it doesn't work even if I specify 'AllowNewerProtocol' in the config
>> file. I do think it's worthwhile though, and would like to see it work.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Same problem on .20. If I tell it to allow newer protocols it doesn't
> seem to work. I think its worthwhile to make something like this though.
> I've often wondered why somebody didn't just build a VLC plugin for
> streaming mythtv though. Then you could spend all the time in the world
> on the myth part and not worry about the video player so much. But I'd
> be happy to use 'anything' that worked and since nothing works right,
> I'll take anything that can talk to myth.
>
> -Mike

Ups.. You are right.. Guess I had not tested it enough;). I uploaded a
alpha2 version where the "AllowNeverProtocol" actual works. I hope it
work with myth 0.20

About VLC I do not have the insight into the code + I was looking for a
nice programming project anyway , and I think there is really missing a
native MythTv player.

\Mikkel