[mythtv-users] Dual tuner mini-itx system

Ron mythtv-users at doobedoobedo.org
Sun Sep 24 21:39:50 UTC 2006

On 24/09/06  "Owen Berry" <owen.berry at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also thinking that one of these more powerful CPU's will require
> more cooling, resulting in more fan noise. Maybe I am wrong though.

As far as I am aware all EPIA fan-cooled boards come with the same nasty,
overly loud (25dB) fan - if you want a really quiet system the first thing to
do is junk the original CPU fan and buy a nice quiet one. I got a SilenX 60mm
fan with a 60-->40mm adaptor and it's _much_ quieter. I have a diskless
SP1300 running front/backend with mysql on the boot/nfs server. I have two
tuners: a PVR 150 and a DVB-T USB stick and have no problems with CPU load.
The PVR 150 uses about 9-10% CPU when recording.

HTH

Ron