[mythtv-users] Questions about new features

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 03:31:42 UTC 2006

So, I upgraded two Myth 0.20 (SVN in fact) and have a couple of
questions about some new features (they weren't in the 0.19 I just
came from on Gentoo).

You now have the ability to mark some recordings as "Watched". Can
anyone elaborate on what this is used for. Other than a pair of
googley eyes at the bottom of the Watch Recordings screen, does it do
anything "special" or is it just informational?

In the Time Stretch menu entry, the top choice in the menu is now
"Toggle" which seems to make playback switch to 1.5X. What is the
intention of this?

I use timestretch a fair bit (usually 1.1 or 1.15) if I want to watch
things like the Daily Show or Daily Planet. I used to hit "Edit" then
arrow up, arrow up, arrow right, arrow right, then I'd be in "Adjust"
mode where I could pick the amount of speed-up I wanted. It became an
auto-pilot thing which I now have to unlearn as I end up selecting
Toggle and things go turbo speed. What is the intention of toggle? Can
I set what my default toggle value is? If I can slow it down to 1.1X
as a default setting, then toggle will save me some clicks.

If this info is posted somewhere else, let me know, but I couldn;t
find it on MythTV.org or the Wiki

Thanks

Robin