[mythtv-users] MySql Problems

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Mon Sep 25 14:17:18 UTC 2006

> On 22/09/06, scott at tbwifi.ca <scott at tbwifi.ca> wrote:
>> I am using Mandrake 10.6 and trying to install 0.20.  I am trying to
>> configure mysql using:
>> $ mysql -u root -p < mc.sql
>> with the appropriate password
>> originally I had problems connecting and had to reset the mysql root
>> password.   Now when I try the above after about 30s or so I get
>> ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server during query
>> and when I try to connect to mysql now:
>> $ mysql -u root -p****
>> I get:
>> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local  MySQL server through socket
>> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
>
> i) Is mysld running?
> ii) Does /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock exist?
> iii) Do you have a good /etc/my.cnf (this will set the path for the
> socket above)?
>
> Nick

Thanks for the reply Nick.  Unfortunately I was at a standstill for a few
days and I received no replies on my queries on the Mandriva Club forum or
the Myth forum.  I took things into my own hands and now I believe that I
have a bigger mess.  Perhaps itís best that you (or anyone else) reply to
the new topic that describes more of the details of my current situation.
Here is the new subject.

Neebie Help Please!! Mandriva 2006 mysqld and mysql neither working

Thx!!
Scott