[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.1a for windows

Mikkel Bystrup Stensgaard mikkel at sudu.dk
Tue Sep 26 05:57:27 UTC 2006

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 24 September 2006 4:09 pm, Mikkel Stensgaard wrote:
>
>> Hi fellow MythTv users
>>
>> For quite some time I have been working on a player for MythTv on
>> windows. The reason is that I want to be able to watch livetv on my
>> windows pc, and that i want proper network buffering. Due to my wireless
>> network other players sometime cause the video to stall or even deadlock.
>>
>> The goals of the player are:
>>  - Small and fast
>>  - Both windowed and fullscreen mode
>>  - Network buffering
>>  - LiveTv and channel switching directly from player
>>  - Independent.. So no need for external codecs
>>  - Simple.. Simple, clean GUI
>>
> <snip>
>
>> I would like to get some feedback
>> - First of all...Is it worth my time? Does anybody wants a mythtvplayer
>> for windows, or do you just want to play from a samba-share or dsmyth?
>> - Is it stable? bugs? .. please let me know if you find any bugs.
>> - Does it work on version 0.20?
>> - Are there any other features that would be nice?
>> - Which features are most important?
>>

> Personally, I'd be more interested in someone getting the frontend itself
> working on windows, and not a separate player app.. =)
>
> Isaac

:)
The player is not meant as a replacement for the mythtv frontend. The
frontend is perfect for tv-sets, but I miss a small basic player which
can just playback and watch livetv. I have to admit I did not expect 95%
of the development time to be used in the video-player and non-mythtv
related stuff, but at least I learned some things ;).. (And it is not
done yet)..
And then it should be able to work on mac/linux/windows (at least in
theory:).

\Mikkel