[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR500 MCE Remote Doesn't Work

mikepolniak mikpolniak at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 26 13:19:51 UTC 2006

On 14:54 Mon 25 Sep     , Andrew Davis wrote:

> My hardware includes the Hauppauge PVR-500 MCE w/ Remote (I bought the
> bundle that includes the remote and receiver after reading at various
> places that it works). Unfortunately, I think I have a newer one and it
> doesn't work. Mine meets the "grey and black" description, but it
> completely lacks "four colored buttons" as the ones that are working
> seem to have. In a nutshell, I plugged in the receiver to the USB port
> and dmesg showed it. I went through all the lirc installation steps, but
> when I open up irw (either as the mythtv user or root) and press buttons
> on the remote, I get nothing.... nothing at all. I've tried forcing it
> to work with different module options (lirc_i2c, lirc_mceusb,
> lirc_mceusb2). The (current) relevant portions of my /etc/modprobe.conf

My remote looks identical to the one in your pictures but its marked RC6
ir on the back and MX 5 50 6 in the battery compartment. You don't
mention creating your lircrc file that maps the remote keys to mythtv.
This is the lircrc config file i edited for my remote:

http://www.abarbaccia.com/mythtv/lircrc

You may need to put the lircrc file in a few different places and symlink
so its found, then restart lircd and mythfrontend. I did this back in
January and if i remeber correctly i may have even needed a reboot for
this to work.