[mythtv-users] /dev/video0 vanished?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 15:07:28 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:uname -r show the running kernel which continues to be the one you
removed. You're currently in a dangerous situation, you killed the
underlying kernel, make sure you have a kernel to boot into and
reboot. Preferably use the kernel that is compatible to RHEL, so you
can use the ivtv kmdls.
I think the "normal" (EL) kernel is still installed.  When I removed the plus kernel there were no dependencies also removed, so I think I should just be able to boot using the old kernel, just need to edit grub.conf and make sure.  I'll report back here in a bit.