[mythtv-users] How do I prevent PVR tuner channel changes?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 17:10:04 UTC 2006

> I have a STB (satellite receiver) connected via co-ax cable to my mythTV
> system.  It is up and running, almost. I thought I had a work-around to get
> myth to tune my PVR-250 to channel 93 by typing the below command in a term
> window:

If you connect the PVR-250 via composite or S-video, it will no longer
try to tune. Note that you'll have to change the input settings in
mythtvsetup -- eg to svideo0 from tuner0.

You'll also get a better quality picture this way.

If you absolutely have to use coaxial, then find the part in
mythtvsetup that asks for the channel to tune to and the external
channel change script. Enter /usr/bin/true as the script to prevent
the PVR-250 from tuning to a different station.