[mythtv-users] Can't access my Mp3 collection

Andrew Davis andrew at nccomp.com
Tue Sep 26 22:55:58 UTC 2006

Okay, I think I'm just missing something obvious here, but...

I just copied my entire MP3 collection into /data/mp3s on my Myth box.
There's a folder hierarchy of artist->album->song.

I've updated the "Directory to hold music" to /data/mp3s and confirmed
the mythtv user can fully traverse this path and all sub-dirs at a
shell. However, I don't seem to be able to add the songs to a playlist,
etc. If I go into Music Tools->Scan for new music, it flashes for a
second, then just returns to the same screen. The shell says something
about not having any tracks... and right before that mentions my DVD
drive, which implies its trying to scan for songs off the CD/DVD drive.
Is there a simple way to tell it to find all my current MP3s in the path
I dropped them into and be able to make some playlists from these? This
is really sort of irking me...