[mythtv-users] How do I prevent PVR tuner channel changes?

George Lopez gksgzl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 23:12:43 UTC 2006

On 9/26/06, Dewey Smolka <dsmolka at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I have a STB (satellite receiver) connected via co-ax cable to my mythTV
> > system.  It is up and running, almost. I thought I had a work-around to
> get
> > myth to tune my PVR-250 to channel 93 by typing the below command in a
> term
> > window:
>
> If you connect the PVR-250 via composite or S-video, it will no longer
> try to tune. Note that you'll have to change the input settings in
> mythtvsetup -- eg to svideo0 from tuner0.
>
> You'll also get a better quality picture this way.
>
> If you absolutely have to use coaxial, then find the part in
> mythtvsetup that asks for the channel to tune to and the external
> channel change script. Enter /usr/bin/true as the script to prevent
> the PVR-250 from tuning to a different station.

Ah, the /bin/true did the trick.  Thank you so very much.  I initially tried
the /usr/bin/true but for some reason, the video file could not be found.

I would much rather capture with component or s-video, but for reasons
beyond my control, I cannot.  As it turns out, the coax version of
connecting works out quite nicely for me.

Thanks again!

George