[mythtv-users] Changing TV provider: what steps to take in MythTV?

Adam Hirsch mythtv at quakerporn.com
Wed Sep 27 14:23:00 UTC 2006

Hey, folks -- searching the wiki and the list archives didn't turn up
anything, but it seems unlikely that this hasn't been asked before...

We're about to change our TV provider from DishNetwork to DirecTV, which
will completely change our channel order and lineup.  What's the best
sequence of operations to fill our mythtv database with new program info
while preserving the information about shows we've currently got recorded
and stored?  Re-run the setup as if we're starting from scratch?

Thanks!  (If there's a wiki page I haven't found, I'll feel sheepish -- if
there isn't one, I'll cobble something together once I've gone through the
process.)

Adam

--
       Fate is not an eagle; it creeps like a rat. -- Elizabeth Bowen
                       <adam at baz.org> Adam Hirsch <http://web.baz.org/~adam/>