[mythtv-users] Changing TV provider: what steps to take in MythTV?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Sep 27 15:20:17 UTC 2006

Adam Hirsch wrote:
> Hey, folks -- searching the wiki and the list archives didn't turn up
> anything, but it seems unlikely that this hasn't been asked before...
>
> We're about to change our TV provider from DishNetwork to DirecTV, which
> will completely change our channel order and lineup.  What's the best
> sequence of operations to fill our mythtv database with new program info
> while preserving the information about shows we've currently got recorded
> and stored?  Re-run the setup as if we're starting from scratch?

Basically, change your line-up on zap2it, save it, run
mythfilldatabase.  It will have both schedules in there until the old
data falls off, but if you want to remove that, just truncate your
program table (I think there used to be a button for this in
mythtv-setup but a recent post from Michael on this subject in the
archives dispelled this IIRC) before running mythfilldatabase to get the
new schedule.

Kevin