[mythtv-users] MythStream not showing in menu

Alexander Böhm babyfly at gmx.net
Wed Sep 27 15:18:40 UTC 2006

This is from the mythstream INSTALL file :-)  !

5) This unofficial release needs manual configuration of mythtv files
   in the mythtv installation tree to let MythTv know the plugin exists:
   - set buttons of type STREAM in library.xml and media_settings.xml
   - define the STREAM button (stream.png) in theme.xml

     in library.xml

        <button>
            <type>STREAM</type>
            <text>Internet Streams</text>
            <action>PLUGIN mythstream</action>
            <depends>mythstream</depends>
        </button>

     in media_settings.xml:

        <button>
            <type>STREAM</type>
            <text>Stream settings</text>
            <action>CONFIGPLUGIN mythstream</action>
            <depends>mythstream</depends>
        </button>

both library.xml and media_settings.xml are in /usr/share/mythtv
(usr/local/share/mythtv depends on your --prefix= setting)

Greets
Alex