[mythtv-users] Odd elapsed-recording times for NBC's _Studio 60_

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Sep 27 19:51:23 UTC 2006

Is there a way to figure out whether NBC is using an odd framerate for
_Studio 60_?

When watching a recording of the pilot episode of NBC's _Studio 60 on
the Sunset Strip_ that aired on Monday, 18 September, I noticed that
the OSD displayed the recording length as about 50 minutes for what
is, of course, an hour-long show. At the time I was experimenting with
using NFS to mount my NAS's filesystem, and dismissed the odd result
as a result of the same frame-dropping/recording-corrupting issue that
caused me to abandon NFS in the first place
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/169825#169825>).

However--having since returned to using CIFS to mount the NAS--playing
the second episode's recording results in the OSD showing a
total-recording length of 51 minutes. The recording is intact and is
7.3GB in size, exactly in line with what an hour-long HD recording
from a broadcast-network affiliate shoud be
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/175520#175520>).
This leads me to think that perhaps the issue I describe in SVN ticket
#1941 (<URL:http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1941>), which still
exists in 0.20 but heretofore only affected premium-movie channels, is
at work here. I have not seen this issue with any other NBC shows or
other broadcast networks' shows.