[mythtv-users] Odd elapsed-recording times for NBC's _Studio 60_

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 27 20:20:10 UTC 2006

>>>>> Yeechang Lee writes:

y> Is there a way to figure out whether NBC is using an odd framerate for
y> _Studio 60_?

y> When watching a recording of the pilot episode of NBC's _Studio 60 on
y> the Sunset Strip_ that aired on Monday, 18 September, I noticed that
y> the OSD displayed the recording length as about 50 minutes for what
y> is, of course, an hour-long show.[...]

        I am in the SF Bay Area and I have seen this on all of NBC's
HD shows (but not upconverted SD ones).  I don't believe this is a
network-wide issue since it only started happening when the local
affiliate (KNTV) switched to a more advanced encoder months ago:

(The improvement in quality was noticeable.)

        Seeking, bookmarking, and commflagging still work fine,
though.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.