[mythtv-users] IR Blaster / LIRC kernel modules for RHEL4 2.6.9-42.0.2?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 01:46:33 UTC 2006

Alex posted elsewhere that the recent RHEL4 kernels broke lirc.  So far as I understand from the wiki and various other pages, without the correct lirc kernel module, I cannot use an IR blaster to change the channels on my set-top box.  Is this correct?  Should I just wait for someone to issue a new kernel module, or is there something I can do in the meantime?

So far I have discovered that Myth will record at the proper time, and even without the means to change the channel, I can still program the set-top box to switch to the correct channel (making my myth box a glorified VCR).  However I'd like to get lirc up and running--at that point the project will be pretty much complete.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pete