[mythtv-users] So how DO you setup a screensaver in MythTV?

Andrew Davis andrew at nccomp.com
Thu Sep 28 03:57:00 UTC 2006

I'm pretty sure you'd need an "xscreensaver" program section in lircrc,
then could program a "clear" or "esc" key to disable it... not positive,
though... my understanding is that the lircrc mappings affect the
foreground app... hence why you can have mythtv, xine, xmms, and mplayer
sections. The screensaver would obviously be in the foreground, so why
not an "xscreensaver" option in lircrc?

Related, here's an odd one... following up to my earlier post... if I
enable an automatic and locking screensaver, it will come on while Myth
is running, but hitting a keyboard on the remote just kills it... the
locking part doesn't seem to work as I don't need a password to get back
to myth. However, hitting the default "lock" command in KDE of
"CTRL-ALT-L" while Myth is running locks my Myth screen requiring a
password to exit it. What gives with that? :)

AD