[mythtv-users] Xbox and cifs

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 08:14:42 UTC 2006

On 9/28/06, kim gross <kgross at jensalt.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to setup cifs rather than samba so I can use mythvideo to play
> the dvd ISO's that are on my main backend.  My xbox xebian install does
> not support cifs and I can not figure out how to solve this without
> doing a custom kernal compile.  Can anybody help me out with this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kim Gross

As far as I know cifs and smbfs are the same.... I have a FC4
box running  samba server. I had a FC4 client that used smbfs to
mount the shares off of the FC4 / Samba server using smbfs. I
upgraded to FC5 and had to change the mount from -tsmbfs to
-tcifs and was back in business. FC5 / cifs to  FC4 / smbfs....

jack