[mythtv-users] No audio; two weeks and still unsolved

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Thu Sep 28 13:18:05 UTC 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 3:12 AM, Sam Wong wrote:

>> This is very interesting.  I just finished posting a followup wherein
>> I have discovered that I do have a "PCM" control, but not a
>> "Master"... this would seem to fit the bill.  I will try updating to
>> v0.20!!
>>
> ya it looks for both AFAIK. So if you have one of them missing, you
> are
> doomed...

You're not doomed yet! :) My Intel HDA has no Master but does have a
PCM. The message "Cannot find Master" seems to come from changing the
Mixer from /dev/mixer to "default" as the sound HOWTO on the wiki
recommends. Using either /dev/mixer or the name of a valid control,
like PCM, for the Mixer setting should get rid of these messages.

This assumes you are not hooking your sound card to your A/V
equipment. In that case you're most likely bettter off disabling
MythTV volume control and using the A/V receiver to control your volume.

--
Scott