[mythtv-users] unable to initalize video

Dwight Morgan junk at dwightandannette.us
Thu Sep 28 15:06:22 UTC 2006

I had this message, turns out I had to run modprobe ivtv-fb.  For some reason even though it appears to load on boot, I have to run it again to get mythfrontend to work.

-Dwight

>>> On 09/28/2006 at 07:34, in message <fad2c6f60609280734l56cf2273i59f6d272502d9bc0 at mail.gmail.com>, Bryan Tolka<btolka at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I am running Fedora Core 4.  I currently have vlc streaming live tv via multicast using my WinTV-PVR 250.

I have configured mythtv and it detects my channels just fine. However i am getting  an error   "unable to initalize video"  when I try to watch tv through myth.

I do not have an audio card on this box yet.   I can change the channels with ivtv-tune just fine.   I am just not sure what to try next.

Thanks

Bryan