[mythtv-users] Problem with transcoding - status 247

Pierre Rochefort rochefort_pierre at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 28 15:58:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have an unusual situation and I need help on troubleshoot this.

Here is what happens, when a show has completed recording, I create a cut list to remove commercial. Then I try to transcode the show so that the commercial will be removed hence saving some disk space.

The problem is that the transcoding job always end with the same error message "transcoding failed with a status of 247"

Is there a log file where I could see what transcode is stopping on? Can I run the process manually to see what the transcoding chokes on? The files are plain and simple mpeg files from a Hauppauge PVR-150. So far all jobs have failed and I don't know where to look to find out what happened. Any help would be appreciated.

If you don't want to flood the list, you can respond directly to me.
Thank you in advance.
Pierre