[mythtv-users] MythArchive: Stuck in Chapter Menu

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 28 17:11:46 UTC 2006

Rachel Stanley wrote:
> The only way I've found to get back to the main menu is to hit the "skip to
> the next chapter" button.  Once I get to the end of the title, it returns to
> the root menu.  Or you can go to the chapter menu, select the last chapter,
> then hit the skip to next  chapter.
>
> If anyone else knows a better way (or knows how to put a main menu button on
> the chapter menus), I'd be thrilled.

The two DVD players that I have access to both have "Top Menu" buttons
on the remote which always go back to the main menu. Similarly the
"Menu" button always goes to the chapter menu for the currently playing
title. If you use xine the default keys are "F1" to go to the main menu
or "F2" to go to the chapter menu.

Adding a button on the chapter menu to return to the main menu is on my
todo list :-)

Paul H.