[mythtv-users] separate directories and filenames

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Sep 28 17:40:15 UTC 2006

Timothy Waters wrote:

> On 9/28/06, *Tom Lichti* <tom at redpepperracing.com
> <mailto:tom at redpepperracing.com>> wrote:
>
>     Timothy Waters wrote:
>     > I checked the list archive but that only confused me further. I want
>     > to have a separate livetv directory and a separate recordings
>     directory.
>     Not possible with current code.
>

> Does anybody know why that feature was taken out a couple of versions
> ago? That was so convenient. Isn't this coming back in the form of a
> SVN patch recently?

No, it's not coming back. There has been some work on making multiple
recording directories possible, but it still wouldn't do what you want.
You didn't explain WHY you want to have separate sub-directories, so all
the answers are somewhat vague. If we knew what you were trying to
accomplish, maybe there is a solution.

Tom