[mythtv-users] Mytharchive and dvd tray

Chris Moewes-Bystrom chris.moewes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 04:29:39 UTC 2006

Does anyone know if mytharchive will close the dvdrom tray before it
tries to burn an archive? I ask, because at least on my system, if I
close the tray with an black dvd my system constantly reports that it
can't mount the drive (duh... there's nothing on it). All I get is
this error in dmesg

cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!

I commented out the line in fstab that says its an auto device, but it
still is doing it. I don't know if maybe the window manager (kde) is
continuung to try to mount it? Thoughts?

--
Christopher Moewes-Bystrom
www.moewes.com
chris.moewes at gmail.com