[mythtv-users] Buzzing for analog MPEG2 audio

Kevin Mori kmori.nospam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 05:17:59 UTC 2006

Well I got it working but I don't really know what happened.  I was
playing around with Xine's advanced audio settings and managed to get
the same buzzing noise.  It happens when the "speaker arrangment"
setting is set to passthrough.  So if I set it back to "Stereo 2.0", the
audio comes back.

This led me to believe it was something funky with Myth's audio setting.
I changed to "audio output device" from ALSA:default to /dev/dsp (ie.
oss) and changed passthrough to default and disabled ac3 passthrough and
now I have normal sound out the Line Out.

Now if they could only fix all the random segfaults I'm getting in
0.20 :-)