[mythtv-users] Battlestar Galactica premiere "previously recorded"?

Mike Grusin mgrusin at flyingcircuits.com
Fri Sep 29 06:09:30 UTC 2006

Just randomly checked to see if Myth picked up the Battlestar Galactica
season premiere coming up on 10/6.  I was surprised to see the premiere
marked as "previously recorded" using my existing recording rule ("record at
any time on any channel", "record new episodes only", "match duplicates
using subtitle & description").  Not sure what Myth was thinking, as the
zap2it guide data seems clear enough...

In the end, I deleted the old rule and a few one-time overrides for good
repeats, and created a new one on the new episode (using the same settings
as above), which seems to have fixed the problem.  I'm not a SQL person so
unfortunately I'm not able to dig any deeper than that...

Could be kinks in my system (I recently upgraded from .18 to .19), or
confusion stemming from BSG syndication to USA Network and Bravo (? at least
that's what I gather from the guide data), but if it's a guide bug BSG fans
might want to double-check their rules...

"And for frak's sake, stay out of the Galactica's firing solution!" =)

-Mike G.