[mythtv-users] Ongoing Fedora YUM Dependency Problems

Seth sethsec at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 13:35:34 UTC 2006

I completely understand your frustration.  After fighting with the mythtv
dependency issues in FC4 for too long I tried the upgrade a month ago and it
pretty much went to hell.

Before switching to unbuntu try the clean FC5 install.   I am going to
second Andrew on this one.  It took me days to get MythTV with FC4
configured properly between my xorg.conf and other things but when I did a
fresh install of FC5 and used Jarrod's guide as a guideline everything
pretty much just worked.  It even recognized my TV via the S-video out with
a simple x.org reconfig without my changing anything.

-Seth