[mythtv-users] separate directories and filenames

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Sep 29 17:50:19 UTC 2006

Timothy Waters wrote:
> Organization. That is my goal. I want a directory for livetv and one for
> recordings and one for dvd rips. In the recordings directory, I would
> like subdirectories for each tv show wherein the episodes reside.

> The problem is that if I want to burn a show or move the mpg from the
> recordings directory to somewhere else, it is usually trial and error to
> find which file is what. That means opening many in MPlayer just to find
> the one I want. I hope that helps.

This last is clearly doable, by adding a feature to the 'Manage
Recordings' page, so that, in addition to viewing previous recordings
(and removing their records from the database) and deleting recorded
files, you could copy or move marked recordings, with or without a file
name change, to another place. This feature would piggy-back on the
existing code base which shows a user-friendly file description and not
the actual file name.

               R. Geoffrey Newbury

        Helping with the HTTP issue