[mythtv-users] Losing Scheduled Recordings -- Problem with Database on 0.18

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 29 22:38:31 UTC 2006

On 09/29/06 17:27, Matthew Walkup wrote:

>My scheduled recordings goes blank every 12-24 hours, and I'm not sure why.

Chances are you're running MySQL 5.  Myth 0.18 is not compatible with
MySQL 5.  You'll need to upgrade to /at least/ MythTV 0.19-fixes, but as
long as you're at it, you might as well upgrade to MythTV 0.20-fixes.
(Hope this makes those who feel my suggesting that people spend time
installing/upgrading to 0.20 instead of wasting time
installing/upgrading to an unsupported version happy (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/224703#224703 ).
Note that--just like last time (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/224609#224609 )--I
didn't recommend someone who has no need to install/upgrade to a new
version run 0.20, but recommended that someone who needs to upgrade
anyway spend the time upgrading to the current version.)

If you don't want to upgrade Myth, you'll have to downgrade MySQL.  Oh,
and since I'm guessing that you're running Ubuntu, you should search the
archives ( http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/ ) for
information on Ubuntu repositories containing more current releases of
MythTV.

Mike