[mythtv-users] Browsing Recordings by Rule (rather than title)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Sep 30 20:17:04 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> Would it make sense to get rid of the DisplayGroupDefaultView setting
> in and modify the 'Change Group View' popup menu to have a group of
> buttons on it instead of the current combobox.

For it. The original commit struck me as odd from the get-go.
The options were broken out into bit flags but then the widget
lumped them back together again(?). The issue is almost more
a matter of page space on the wizard. The other thing is I
suppose that at least one view should be selected. For now
I'll put the checkboxes on the top of the Watch List page and
call the page "View Recordings (Views)" or something.

> The user could popup the menu and toggle these on and off.  Then we

That would be great. I look forward to your solution.

> don't need a specific setting to enable the Watch List and the
> Searches virtuals.  We'd store the value of the generated mask in
> the settings table, but it doesn't need to be edittable in the
> normal settings area.

Well, they could be still edittable in the options. This may help
with initial setup and provide help text. I need to have other
settings for watchList anyway and have them only appear when it
is selected.

> If this makes sense, do you want me to add it to my TODO or have
> you finished coding it already? :)

Both. I'll work on adding the searches view and you should add
the popup'n'toggle to your TODO.

--  bjm