[mythtv-users] External channel change not passing channel
tduckett at tdux.com
Sun Apr 1 18:25:22 UTC 2007
Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/01/2007 04:25 AM, duck wrote:
>> David Watkins wrote:
>>> On 01/04/07, duck <tduckett at tdux.com> wrote:
>>>> For some reason Myth is not passing the channel number to the external
>>>> channel changer script. I have removed all cards from my server except
>>>> the pvr-150 and tried several tests and cannot get the external channel
>>>> change to work. If I run the directv.pl script by hand it functions
>>>> properly! I am using the latest mythtv version .0.20 and I even tried
>>>> using an older version and it still did not work. No errors in any of
>>>> the log files. Thank you!!!
>>> you could edit your channel change script to echo the parameter into
>>> an file. Then you would find out:
>>> a) whether myth was actually calling the script.
>>> b) what parameter (if any) myth is passing to it.
>> I wrote a simple shell script:
>> echo $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 > test
>> /capture/directv.pl box_type RCA_OLD setup_channel $1
>> output in test
>> The channel number is never being passed.
> Chances are your command is not properly configured. (PATH problem?)
> So, without your providing info on how you've configured it, it's hard
> for us to tell you how to fix the configuration... ;)
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Mythtv-setup for the external channel changer
Channel changer script
echo $0 $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 > test
/capture/directv.pl box_type RCA_OLD setup_channel $1
the only output the test file shows is:
This is after several attempts to change the channel.
Notice only the $0 has output
I have tried the following in the external channel changer command under mythtv-setup
/capture/directv.pl box_type RCA_OLD setup_channel
When I run myth mythbackend with the "/capture/directv.pl box_type
RCA_OLD setup_channel" setting
it complains that it could not set the channel and it says external
channel changer exited with error 255
I have tried reinstalling older versions and newer versions of myth but
all do the same. I have removed all cards from my system except for the
pvr-150 but this had no effect.
Triend everything I could think of. If I need to provide additional
info please let me know.
Output from mythbackend
2007-04-01 07:37:34.635 Using runtime prefix = /usr
2007-04-01 07:37:34.696 New DB connection, total: 1
2007-04-01 07:37:34.706 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
2007-04-01 07:37:34.716 Current Schema Version: 1160
Starting up as the master server.
2007-04-01 07:37:34.735 New DB connection, total: 2
2007-04-01 07:37:34.737 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
2007-04-01 07:37:34.744 EITHelper: localtime offset -4:00:00
2007-04-01 07:37:34.753 New DB connection, total: 3
2007-04-01 07:37:34.754 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
Error excessive retries <- this is output from the
/capture/directv.pl box_type RCA_OLD setup_channel $1 line of my script.
2007-04-01 07:37:35.816 ret_pid(11761) child(11761) status(0x0)
2007-04-01 07:37:35.816 External Tuning program exited with no error
2007-04-01 07:37:35.849 New DB scheduler connection
2007-04-01 07:37:35.860 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
2007-04-01 07:37:35.865 Main::Starting HttpServer
2007-04-01 07:37:35.880 Main::Registering HttpStatus Extension
2007-04-01 07:37:35.894 mythbackend version: 0.20.20060828-3 www.mythtv.org
2007-04-01 07:37:35.894 Enabled verbose msgs: important general
2007-04-01 07:37:35.895 AutoExpire: Found 1 recorders w/max rate of 72
2007-04-01 07:37:35.898 AutoExpire: Required Free Space: 2.1 GB w/freq:
2007-04-01 07:37:37.885 Reschedule requested for id -1.
2007-04-01 07:37:38.033 Scheduled 116 items in 0.1 = 0.05 match + 0.10 place
2007-04-01 07:37:38.039 Seem to be woken up by USER
More information about the mythtv-users