[mythtv-users] all this talk about volume

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:54:20 UTC 2007

All this talk about volume finally had me look in to mine. Basically the
same as other complaints, my center channel was not working. I have the
surround sound plugs on my motherboard(six plugs). If I plug it in to the
bottom middle(light green) then I get sound that is controlled by MythTV but
no center channel. If I plug it in to the top left(dark green) I get my
center channel and it sounds awesome but I can't control the volume.

Also it doesn't sound as good in mplayer. Can anyone explain this a little
more for me. I am trying to read up on it but all the alsa options are
giving me a headache. Thanks

Allan