[mythtv-users] Kick around an idea for MythTV

Brent brent at brentnorris.net
Tue Apr 3 11:11:22 UTC 2007

James Warden wrote:
> It's not a bad idea (conceptually). But I would rather have the
> possibility to toggle on/off such a feature. I really think that in
> the long run, I would grow tired of having the temp. of the HD or
> whatnot always displayed.  If you now talk about RSS flux, I think
> it's worse, your eyes would be constantly caught by the frequent
> updates of the news feed, a bit like the bottom banner you see on CNN
> or other major news media. If you can toggle  it on/off, then I agree
> with your idea. Personally, I'd rather have a chat window so you can
> "bitch" online about the show you're actually watching ;)
>
> Along these ideas, it would be nice to be able to exchange e.g. video
> playback snapshots, familly pics, etc, with remote friends via some
> parallel chat system, within mythtv (like in the framed window you
> propose). All this of course driven by a simple button press on your
> remote or wireless keybd / mouse.
>
> J.
Oh yeah I would definitely think it would be something that was
configurable.  As a matter of fact I would think that it would be off by
default and then just something else that was added and turned on.  I
mean you could already do it by just opening a chat window on top of the
MythTV playback, but that doesn't make the video itself move over, so
you end up having it over the top of at least part of the video.

Brent