[mythtv-users] how to disable the delete recording option ?

Pietralla, Siegfried P siegfried.pietralla at eds.com
Tue Apr 3 22:20:05 UTC 2007

hi all,

I've had someone accidentally delete some recordings when they finished
watching them ( but before I had a chance to watch them ). so I'm
wondering, what ideas do people have to disable delete functionality in
mythtv. I don't think I actually need to be able to delete recordings as
such since expiration will eventually get rid of things anyway.

the only option I've thought of so far is to write a wrapper for 'rm' so
that it won't do anything if run as the 'mythtv' user, but that would
probably still delete the database entries and just leave the recording
file lying around ( which I'd then have to find to watch it and manually
delete ). and it would mess up other things like expiration and
transcoding. please note that I'm running knoppmyth so I'm not able to
amend and recompile the source ( otherwise I would just comment out the
relevant lines in the code ).

thanx.